Outside it’s dreary but inside I have hot coffee, my sweet little dogs and the sounds of Larkin babbling in her crib. My girl Jen over at her blog tagged me a long time ago to list six things about myself that most people don’t know. I live my life so aloud I think most of the nation knows about me. Truthfully, I think they mostly know about Larkin, Chase and Larkin’s Place. Which is my focus and my drive. I’ll write about 6 things but I aint tagging anyone else because frankly I don’t know how to put buttons on my blog or tag. Here goes:
1. Currently, my desk is overflowing with paperwork from my real job. I chuckle when people ask me if I work. Yes. Yes I do. I love my job. I work in real life outside my home and family for Twin City BMW Motorcycles doing accounting. I have worked there for almost 9 years. Chase started school and I needed something that was fun, occupied my time, used my noggin and still let me be a mom. Kent Shirley hired me and I have all those things plus an awesome family within the dealership. I love the people that I work with and for. Currently I work from home and I go into the store when life is calm, Larkin is well, and either cared for or at school and the computers are up. I have my M class, which means I am trained and legally can ride a motorcycle. In addition, the best part of my job came when Larkin was a few weeks old and we were given the diagnosis of Down syndrome. I called Kent and while I was still in a state of shock, I had to address the fact that I had no idea what was coming for the next few weeks/months.
Kent said, “Amy you take all the time you need and your family is here for you when you are ready to come back” – and he never once stopped sending my paycheck. Now you know why I love my job and why I give back to the man who supported me during one of the darkest times of my life.
2. I had a leading role in a full-length movie, which thank God has never been released
3. I can sew and make buttonholes even after a few cocktails – which made my neighbors and friends Jill and Donna drop their jaws in amazement but was as natural as breathing to me.
4. I have an overwhelming need to feel safe. I try to surround myself with people that make me feel that way and I hope I return that same feeling to them. I can’t believe I am sharing this as there are select few who know it but this post is about things you don’t know about me so here it is.
5. I worry about the feelings of the cast out and left over Christmas trees. It makes me so sad to see the little not so perfect ones that aren’t chosen. I hate to see the others at the curb thinking how cold and bare they are. Geeze that is almost creepy to admit.
6. Growing up I never celebrated any holiday because of my parent’s religion. For those of you who read that in horror know this – you don’t miss what you don’t have. I am not self-absorbed about my birthday and I am appalled at those who actually get angry when theirs is forgotten. However, my babies will always have the best birthdays and know that I cherish and love the hour, minute and second they entered this world. Therefore, I suppose I am giving them a reason to be self-absorbed but I don’t care. They are the very best parts of my life and me.
Six – Man, that was hard. Hope you all have a great day and if you have a blog list yours because I like reading them.
Love knowing more about you!
OK, I knew MOST of what you wrote…..BUT….A MOVIE???
I need to hear more about this one girlfriend!
oh MAN do I understand about the Christmas trees….
Thanks for sharing that with us all. I have a few words to add, like you are warm, understanding, touch the lives of many people without even saying a word you speak with your eyes and that says it all!!! Most of all you care so much about so many others and are the most genuine person I’ve ever met!!! Take care and hugs from the Bates family!!!
I thought I was the only one who felt that way about Christmas trees….