Outside it’s dreary but inside I have hot coffee, my sweet little dogs and the sounds of Larkin babbling in her crib. My girl Jen over at her blog tagged me a long time ago to list six things about myself that most people don’t know. I live my life so aloud I think most of the nation knows about me. Truthfully, I think they mostly know about Larkin, Chase and Larkin’s Place. Which is my focus and my drive. I’ll write about 6 things but I aint tagging anyone else because frankly I don’t know how to put buttons on my blog or tag. Here goes:
1. Currently, my desk is overflowing with paperwork from my real job. I chuckle when people ask me if I work. Yes. Yes I do. I love my job. I work in real life outside my home and family for Twin City BMW Motorcycles doing accounting. I have worked there for almost 9 years. Chase started school and I needed something that was fun, occupied my time, used my noggin and still let me be a mom. Kent Shirley hired me and I have all those things plus an awesome family within the dealership. I love the people that I work with and for. Currently I work from home and I go into the store when life is calm, Larkin is well, and either cared for or at school and the computers are up. I have my M class, which means I am trained and legally can ride a motorcycle. In addition, the best part of my job came when Larkin was a few weeks old and we were given the diagnosis of Down syndrome. I called Kent and while I was still in a state of shock, I had to address the fact that I had no idea what was coming for the next few weeks/months.
Kent said, “Amy you take all the time you need and your family is here for you when you are ready to come back” – and he never once stopped sending my paycheck. Now you know why I love my job and why I give back to the man who supported me during one of the darkest times of my life.
2. I had a leading role in a full-length movie, which thank God has never been released
3. I can sew and make buttonholes even after a few cocktails – which made my neighbors and friends Jill and Donna drop their jaws in amazement but was as natural as breathing to me.
4. I have an overwhelming need to feel safe. I try to surround myself with people that make me feel that way and I hope I return that same feeling to them. I can’t believe I am sharing this as there are select few who know it but this post is about things you don’t know about me so here it is.
5. I worry about the feelings of the cast out and left over Christmas trees. It makes me so sad to see the little not so perfect ones that aren’t chosen. I hate to see the others at the curb thinking how cold and bare they are. Geeze that is almost creepy to admit.
6. Growing up I never celebrated any holiday because of my parent’s religion. For those of you who read that in horror know this – you don’t miss what you don’t have. I am not self-absorbed about my birthday and I am appalled at those who actually get angry when theirs is forgotten. However, my babies will always have the best birthdays and know that I cherish and love the hour, minute and second they entered this world. Therefore, I suppose I am giving them a reason to be self-absorbed but I don’t care. They are the very best parts of my life and me.
Six – Man, that was hard. Hope you all have a great day and if you have a blog list yours because I like reading them.